St Peter's Church
The village of Burnham has a long history, it is listed in the Domesday Survey of 1086. St. Peter’s Church is a Grade 2* listed building situated close to the centre of the village. It has played an important part in local history for well over a thousand years. The present building was built on the site of an earlier church a little over eight hundred years ago.
St. Peter’s is a very beautiful building and attracts a large number of families who use it for weddings, baptisms and funerals. This gives us many opportunities to touch their lives through Christ. Several regular members of our church family had their first contact when they came to be married or have a child baptised.
Cornerstone is the extension that was added to St Peter's Church in 1986. It comprises the parish office, a small meeting room, two halls with a movable partition to create a single larger space, a kitchen & two lavatories.
Normally, Cornerstone is used for PCC meetings, post services socialising, other social events. as well as being hired to various community groups and for private functions.
During the day, it provides a meeting place and information centre for the local community through our parish office and our volunteers who are at hand to have a chat and serve tea & coffee.